After the race yesterday, I drove an hour South of Mt. Shasta to the Palm trees, 70 degree temps and Shorts wearing people in Redding, California.
Today I ran at the Whiskeytown Lake National Recreation Area. It is gorgeous here, I ran the Davis Gulch trail, a steep twisty turny rocky trail that winds its way in and out of a bunch of waterfall filled gulches that drain down in to the lake.
Here is picture I took from the trail that shows generally what the area looks like
Here is a pretty average shot of the trail, probably one of the easier parts.
Here is a picture of some Wild mistletoe that lines much of the trail, there are also a lot of wild California grapes along the trail.
I had a nice two days off, but now I have to head back to work. My boss warns me that I may be here until next Christmas. Hopefully my house will be sold long before then, and Rebecca will be out here with me! I think we are both done with the Midwest. Why would you stay in that cold, snow infested flat land, when you could be in a place like this??
I like gulches. That's the kind of place I'd like to live someday.
ReplyDelete