Sunday, May 1, 2011

05-01-2011 Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon

I loved this course. It took place in a beautiful area about 10 miles West of Minneapolis. I think I ran by Prince's house. It was cold. Maybe 34 degrees max. Windy, 20-30 mph. A little bit of snow and sleet. I had a really tough time getting going on this run. My legs were soo sore and stiff I was really bogged down for the first 7 miles or so. The pace was very easy cardio wise, just my legs were full of concrete... I definitely picked it up in the second half and ran a nice negative split! It was fun, I wouldn't be surprised if I passed 1000 people. No one passed me. It was just a constant passing of people. I loved it. Well, from a performance stand point I definitely would not run back to back halfs again, but I did enjoy this experience a lot. My next door neighbor Dan ran it with me and beat me by about a minute. I lost track of him right from the start because I got so far behind in the beginning and I was never quite able to catch up. I like having a neighbor that can beat me.



Unofficial results link has me 292 out of 2380 overall. It doesn't really have the breakdown of passing people like yesterdays unfortunately.

3 comments:

  1. Only 5 minutes slower than the day before. Not too shabby. Next up: back to back full marathons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaa.. I still have a self imposed ban on Marathons... If I could get down to 150 or 160 lbs I would do one I suppose. I don't consider Grand Island a marathon because it is on a trail, I make exemptions for trail races.

    ReplyDelete