Saturday, April 30, 2011

04-30-2011 Get in Gear Half Marathon

My goal was to negative split the race and still have something left for the Minnetonka Half tomorrow morning. I think I did it. It was cold and raining realllly hard. Like a downpour the whole time and winds were 20-30 MPH. Jason would refer to it as miserable. I like it and I think I run better in the rain, except for the blisters that you get from running in wet shoes. I am doing emergency treatment on them to make sure they are ready for the morning. Tomorrows race will feature snow showers in addition to a 20-30 mph West wind, that the first 7 miles of the course runs straight in to. Unfortunately the course never gets a wind advantage because it is a point to point that goes West and then South.



Results link. 81st out of 1021 overall. The race details are pretty cool, you can kinda see how I moved up as the race progressed. I actually beat me last Road half marathon, capital city in 2009 (by 3 seconds) and there was a lot more elevation change in this race.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome race Jacky. Great time as well. We should pace each other on the Grand Island Trail. I like it miserable too. It makes all the softies cringe. Good luck on the Sunday half. If you beat your time today I'll be dumbfounded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most women and children are stronger than you.

    ReplyDelete