I really regret not bringing my camera for this run. I was on the Eastern edge of the Coast range, running amongst huge moss covered conifers, deep fern and boulder filled ravines and a nice snow rain mix. It was gorgeous. I just love Oregon. Now I fully understand why so many world class ultra runners call Ashland home. The trail system is amazing. I briefly ran on the catwalk trail, the tooth pick trail, Queen of Hearts, and the White Rabbit. My original intention was to just run up the catwalk trail, but I had to turn around after less than a mile because I was starting to wonder if I was gonna hurt myself. My legs feel pretty good for all the hill work they just went through. When I move to Klamath Falls, I will be visiting Ashland a lot more often. I was kinda sad because last time I ran here was last April when Rebecca and I visited Ashland while on vacation. That was fun. If you look at the aerial view and scroll West, you can see that West of Ashland is just rugged wilderness until you hit the coast. Another sad note, the project has been pretty much shut down for the last 2 days because on Monday another one of our co-workers got killed, and one other broke his back, that makes four KIA's since this project started, and at least 20 serious injuries. FML
Wow, people dying on the project. How? The running sounds awesome. Pictures please!!
ReplyDelete