Sunday, March 13, 2011

03-13-2011 Trail Run

This is trail running to me..





I cried enough to my bosses that they are finally allowing me to move to Klamath Falls. So by the end of this month, I am going to move there and get a house on the side of a mountain so that I can  run out my door and be on trails. That is where I will become a mountain trail running master. There is also a masters swim team in Klamath Falls that I am going to join too, so hopefully I will be able to get back enough of my swim fitness  that I will be able to do an open water race or two this summer.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have been resting my Achilles enough that it won't become a chronic injury. It felt fine today, but it still has been giving me some problems at work.My groin on the other hand felt like a screw driver was in there prying at my tendons for the entire run. I will be having surgery done on it when I get back to Minneapolis after this job is over. The Doctor tells me that I probably won't hurt it any worse than it already is if I keep running on it, as long as I can put up with the pain.

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit I don't understand the body well enough when it comes to LD running, but isn't surgery a last resort? Does the surgeon plan on going in and reattaching the groin muscle at the origin? I hope you can still do the GLE with me. Good to hear you moving to Kumouth Falls as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so trail running is highly skilled, yet delicate? Or just a dreamland full of bliss?

    ReplyDelete