Sunday, May 22, 2011

05-22-2011 Update.

I haven't really been running since my last post. I have tried three times and each time got less than 2 miles before my illiotital band shut me down. Its a simple case of not running on hills for almost 2 months and then all of a sudden climbing them all day at work again and running on them after work.. I'm trying to let it rest for awhile. I'm guessing another couple weeks. A little disappointing considering that I live right next door to a mountain full of single track running trails. Obviously things could be a lot worse.

I did get the day off, so I took advantage of it and did a fast hard hike at Castle Crags over near Mt. Shasta. My goal was to summit Castle Dome, looking at the map it looks like I still had a half mile or so to go but it was freaking straight up. There were sheer vertical cliffs everywhere. I thought I was into the real cool area, but if you look at the aerial, you will see that I just merely got to the edge of the insanity. This was a really cool place, much like the rest of Northern California and Oregon.





My goal upon leaving my truck this morning was to go up there.... But after catching a glimpse, I quickly realized that it was way beyond my ability. I guess thats why I everyone that I passed on the trail was carrying rope and other rock climbing gear...

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome place. You shoulda researched if there is a route that doesn't need climbing gear. Hopefully your injury gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice, I think I see a safe third class route right up the face. Ha ha. I hope your IT issues resolve quickly. Guess what? I'm having no problems with my IT or Achilles tendon at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ your T and Achilles! Hopefully any lingering issues that you have with them will be resolved by this period of rest.

    ReplyDelete