Wednesday, February 16, 2011

02-16-2011 Snowshoe Run

Got a snow day today, so I got to have some fun. I headed for Mt. McLoughlin with hopes of doing some snowshoe running on the Pacific Crest Trail that cuts across part of it. Unfortunately when I got there, there was waaaayy too much powder for my little snowshoes. Probably a good 30" or so of new snow in the past 24 hours. I took about 5 steps and decided to go elsewhere. I headed back towards Klamath Falls to hit some trails at Moore Mountain where there was only maybe 5" of new snow. All I can say again about snowshoe running is that it is freakin hard. Going downhill is not that bad really. I got in a really nice sprint. But going uphill is an absolute killer, and I hit plenty of hills today. Garmin Connect tells me only a little over 1000', I'm gonna argue with it and say a little over 2000'.

Here is a little picture of my truck in the parking area to give you a general idea of what it looks like in the area after a fresh snow.


2 comments:

  1. That looks so sweet Jack. Those snowshoe runs must just add bulk to the legs. I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete